Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday 2014 by BJ Neblett

A beautiful sunny Sunday can do wonders for the spirit and the muse and the memory. As you enjoy this Easter Sunday, please enjoy this special new poem.
Peace,
BJ

Easter Sunday, 2014
BJ Neblett
© 2014

I bought a bouquet
of tulips yesterday.
They reminded me of you.
The farmer’s market
where I bought them
was busy with people.
But the man selling the
tiny donuts you loved
wasn’t there.
So I had a bagel
with my Sunday paper
at Starbucks.
I placed the flowers in a vase
next to the picture
of you at the tulip
festival last year.
It made me smile.
When I returned home
from shopping
I thought you were here.
But it was just the scent
of the flowers.
It made me dream
of you again.
The pillow where
you lay your head
remained cold and barren.

I bought a bouquet
of tulips yesterday.
They reminded me of you.
Today I threw them
in the trash.

                 Seattle, WA
                 April, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment