Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Leaving by BJ Neblett


            Leaving

When a star falls where does it go?
Does it run and hide from the other stars
Ashamed of its own mortality?
Is there a place
            A town
                     A city where fallen stars go?
Where they cry their troubles to others like them
Talk about their problems
            Find support groups for fallen stars
Is there a doorway from the sky?
You say you are leaving
            Fallen from my sky
            Out of my world
                        My universe
                                    My life
Where will you go my love?
Have you found a doorway out of my heart?


                                                            Raybrook, NY
                                                            August, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment