Monday, February 10, 2014

Ernest Hemingway On Love

As Valentine's Day approaches, I have come across this quote from one of my favorite authors. Known more for his realistic and gritty depictions of the human condition and spirit, Hemingway was also quite the philosopher when it came to love. Many of his private writings and letters reflect a softer and more contemplative side, as evidenced by this quote taken from a personal letter. It touches my heart every time I read it over, and I hope it does the same for you.
To someone who has touched my heart: Happy Valentine's Day!
Love to all,
BJ

"I guess the true extent of one's problems is measured by the capacity of your heart to love anything when your head knows there is no good end to it."
                                                     Ernest Hemingway

1 comment: